Warehouse Manager Job Description
Do you love working with people, bikes and doing great things for kids in need? Do you enjoy using your organization skills to manage logistics? Consider spending the next 3 months as a Free Bikes 4 Kidz MN Warehouse Manager!
Free Bikes 4 Kidz MN is a nonprofit organization geared toward helping all kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need. The public donates gently used bikes, we organize thousands of volunteers to clean and refurbish them and then we give them away to deserving children. In 2022, FB4K collected, restored and distributed about 5,600 bikes through community organizations through the generous help of over 3,000 volunteers.
The Warehouse Manager is part of the FB4K MN Admin team and is responsible for the execution of the workflow plan in the warehouse while also fulfilling host responsibilities. The host ushers our volunteers into a unique, impactful engagement experience. As a host, you will introduce volunteers to us by sharing our story and serve as the primary volunteer trainer and liaison while managing the FB4K MN warehouse site during the bike refurbish stage. The Warehouse Manager’s time is split about 60/40 with WH Manager tasks and Host tasks.
This is a seasonal position, September 24 through December 20, 2023. Hours are 37.5-40 hours per week.
Reports to Executive Director; works closely with the Warehouse Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, and Lead Mechanics. Warehouse location is confirmed.
JOB TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage Workflow in the Warehouse
- Manage Category Process and physical movements in the Warehouse
- Bike inventory Reconciliation
- Helmet Inventory Reconciliation
- Order Cleaning, Prepper and Mechanic Supplies (ED Approval)
- Design Plan for Groups and communicate for the Hosts and Guides on shift (who will be doing what, supplies and equipment ready for groups)
- Communicate to the Team (especially Hosts and Guides) What are we working on this week, today, next week? What has changed?
- Knowledge/Skills-Good communicator, a positive thinker, encourager, computer skills-especially Word, Excel, Google Apps, Gmail and gCalendar. Would be helpful if had some experience with bikes.
- Abilities- Organized and efficient, work effectively under pressure, respond positively to change, attention to detail, able to communicate clearly, good people skills, etc.
- Experience-Some leadership experience, preferably leading a team.
- Behavioral Attributes-Willingness to take initiative and work effectively without close supervision, diligent self-starter, maintain calm and complete workload under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities, adaptable and flexible, etc.
- Must be willing to work at least 20 hours per week during the 10 week season. Ideally, willing to work closer to 30-40 hours per week.
Hourly rate: Open for discussion
Submit resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to Jay Zemke, Jay@fb4kMN.org with the subject line: FB4K MN Bike Recipient Coordinator.