Site Lead Job Description
Do you love working with people, bikes, and doing great things for kids in need? Consider spending October through December as a Free Bikes for Kidz MN site lead!
This position is responsible for serving as the primary trainer and liaison to volunteers while managing the Free Bikes for Kidz MN site/warehouse.
Reports to Operations Director. Works closely with Volunteer Coordinator and Lead Mechanics.
JOB TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Open/close FB4K MN warehouse each day.
- Ensure warehouse is ready for volunteer shifts.
- Communicates with Volunteer Coordinator regarding each volunteer shift, including confirming the number of volunteers expected as well as their levels of expertise.
- Welcomes volunteers, ensuring FB4K has the name and contact information for each volunteer and that every volunteer has signed the FB4K MN waiver, either on-line or as a hard copy in the warehouse.
- Maintains storage of hard copies of FB4K MN’s waivers at warehouse
- Provides FB4K MN orientation to volunteers, briefly telling them the FB4K MN story and how the volunteer shift will ensue.
- Determines with Pro Mechanic how to divide volunteers into their respective jobs and ensures all volunteers are comfortable with their assignments and know how to conduct their work safely and efficiently.
- Provides oversight to volunteers as they complete their assignments.
- Ensure volunteers have a positive experience and thank them for their work at the end of a shift. Work to recruit volunteers to return for additional shifts.
- Address volunteers’ concerns as they arise. Communicate ongoing concerns to Operations Director and/or Executive Director if necessary.
- Organize and maintain non-mechanic parts of the warehouse (e.g., welcome area, kitchen, bathrooms). Includes ensuring proper supplies for these areas as well as light housekeeping duties.
- Launder rags.
- Ensure additional supplies (e.g., coffee and treats) are available for volunteers.
- Weekly meeting with Mechanics, Operations Dir. and Exec. Dir. to assess progress, problems, adjustments, etc.
- Sort bikes by size and maintain records of where bikes are in the process (e.g., X number need to be cleaned, X number need to be worked on by a mechanic, X number are complete, etc.)
- Track and submit time sheets in timely manner for proper payment.
- Arrange for disposal or trash and recyclables.
*Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge/Skills-Good communicator, a positive thinker, encourager, computer skills-especially Word, Excel, Google Apps, Gmail and gCalendar. Would be helpful if had some experience with bikes.
- Abilities- Organized and efficient, work effectively under pressure, respond positively to change, attention to detail, able to communicate clearly, good people skills, etc.
- Experience-Some leadership experience, preferably leading a team.
- Behavioral Attributes-Willingness to take initiative and work effectively without close supervision, diligent self-starter, maintain calm and complete workload under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities, adaptable and flexible, etc.
- Must be willing to work at least 20 hours per week during the 10 week season. Ideally, willing to work closer to 30-40 hours per week.