Bike Recipient Coordinator Job Description
The Bike Recipient Coordinator is responsible for leading the effective management of and strengthening the partner relationships with the social service organizations, community groups, schools, churches, etc. that partner with FB4K MN and connect children to receive the thousands of bikes given away each year. Additionally, the BRC keeps track of our bicycle inventory, so that we know what bikes are available for distribution through our partner relationships. This position also requires time spent leading volunteers, both within the warehouse and at off-site events.
Success in this position depends on strategic communication and partner relationship building – finding creative and flexible ways to communicate effectively with people who are not easily reached through conventional modes (e-mail, social media, etc) as well as a commitment to data integrity and attention to detail to manage and match the inventory.
This job also requires the following physical abilities: extensive walking, standing for long periods, lifting and moving up to 50 lbs over extended periods of time.
Reports to the MN Executive Director. Works closely with the Warehouse Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Hosts, Mechanic Guides and Staff Mechanics. Mobile office until we move into the warehouse in mid-late September.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS:
- Serve as primary contact for existing and prospective benefiting partner organizations
- Update and maintain current partner organization lists; research, identify, and outreach to prospective organizations
- Manage and assist organizations with online registration process; communicate status, deadlines, expectations/requirements
- Collect, manage and organize recipient data to match bike inventory; address fluctuating bike requests with available product; consistently reevaluate and resolve as needed
- Track and communicate inventory needs with mechanics and admin staff to maintain repair schedule/delivery deadlines; develop organizational workflows to meet partner needs
- Develop and cultivate professional relationships with partner organizations; maintain consistent contact with and thorough follow through on bike request inquiries via web registration, email and phone
- Maintain accurate inventory system of bicycles
- Organize and oversee Bike Give Away Day and other smaller bike giveaways; communicate assigned giveaway appointment times to ensure smooth distribution of bikes
- Represent FB4K MN; provide a positive experience for benefiting organizations
- Track and report results as requested
- Contribute to, support work of FB4K MN team members; other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of 1-2 years of professional work experience preferably in community outreach, program management, communications or related work
- Intermediate Excel/Google Sheets proficiency; familiar with databases, interactive web-based tools/platforms such as Google Apps, social media, online registration
- A professional demeanor; positive and energetic approach interacting with diverse cultures/nonprofit partners; able to build efficient partnerships
- Highly adaptable; adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal oversight; takes initiative, flexible, adaptable, responsive, self-managed
- Demonstrated organizational skills; experience prioritizing projects and working on several projects simultaneously. Able to anticipate and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills for coordination both within and outside of the organization
- Able to accommodate a flexible/irregular work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends. (Must be available to work key event dates)
- Professional, positive, personable and a collaborative team member
- Prior experience with non-profit organization; fondness for biking and connection to biking community, a plus
- Valid driver’s license; willing to use personal cell phone and laptop for work, must be able to travel between meeting/working sites